THE SECURITY AND TIDINESS OF THE HOUSE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. PROTECT YOUR LIABILITY BY ATTENDING TO THESE MATTERS.
A rotary clothes hoist is available in the rear garden, and a retractable clothes line is located in the laundry area. To use the retractable line extend the line to the other side of the room to the hook near the laundry trough, and then if required to the second hook to the opposite side of the door frame to the reel. Then the line must be looped around the peg located on the bottom of the reel. See diagram. Make sure you rewind the line when you finish.
We ask you to take advantage of these facilities and not to bring skis, or wet ski gear or boots through the main area of the house. Please use the rear door.
GUESTS USE DRYING FACILITIES AT THEIR OWN RISK. No liability is accepted for damage or injury to property or persons due to any reason whatsoever.
HEATING & COOLING Key Points
In the event of a power stoppage operating times will be incorrect. Please request property manager to adjust time clocks.
Operate heating as follows:
1. Switch split system on. Top red button on remote mounted on wall under the unit. It will take five minutes of compressor activity outside, before air will blow inside
2. Check mode. 2th panel. Auto mode top left position with Auto symbol should be suitable most of the time. If this is not suitable you can change the mode to heating which is the middle position on the second row of mode with the sun symbol or cooling which is top right position with the snowflake symbol.
3. Adjust temperature up or down as desired. Suggest you start at 21°C and adjust higher as necessary. (If you set it high and then reduce, the system may automatically switch to cooling mode which is unpleasant in winter)
4. In most instances it is best to have the fan on Auto which is the position with moving bars. The selection cycle is AUTO, LOW, MED, HIGH, AUTO
5. See below for comments about overnight and return from skiing.
6. To switch off press the top red On/Off button.
7. The lounge split system is powered 24/7 there is no time clock control.
1) Switch master control in hall opposite the front door to `ON'.
2) In the time clock times between 5 pm and 8 am switch on the individual unit via the remote in the room.
3) To operate outside the time clock hours press the override switch below the master switch for 1 second first then switch on the individual unit via the remote control. The heating system will now be activated for a 4-hour period and then return to automatic time clock operation.
4) Remember to switch off the bedroom air-con when not needed otherwise it will automatically come on at 5pm each day.
5) As all the bedroom heaters are on the one master time clock, the use of the timer function on the bedroom air-con remote is counterproductive and will cause problems. If you leave the bedroom air-con on when you leave to go skiing at 7:30 in the morning it will automatically restart at 5 pm.
6) If you return earlier and need the bedroom heating before 5 pm, activating the override switch as soon as you arrive means by the time you have unpacked the car and put you wet outer gear in the dryer the bedrooms will be warming up.
Bedroom Air-con Trouble shooting
If for any reason the heating system fails to operate satisfactorily, please call the property manager. For your own safety and comfort DO NOT tamper with thermostats, time clocks or other electric control devices.
Lounge overnight suggested alternatives. Which you choose may depend on how low the o'night temp is and your routine
Timer ON – This alternative works best for most people.
Each press Timer On button to switch timer on and then press again once for each half hour delay start. If you are retiring at 11pm and wish the heating to turn on at 5am, you would press Timer On once to activate and then twelve more times for a six hour delay start. To turn timer off keep pressing Timer On until words “On Timer” goes blank. Note this system works with the lounge but not bedroom units.
Returning to House – particularly after skiing. Your needs may depend on how cold the weather is.
You may find that if you switch the unit on as soon as you arrive back at the house, that by the time you unpack your car and get your boots on the racks and parkas and gloves etc in the dryers the house will be sufficiently warm. Alternatively you can set the Timer On function before you leave the house. Instructions as directly above. Half an hour before you expect to arrive is plenty, but I do not find it any advantage to use Timer on in the afternoon.
Very Cold Mornings
The split system has the capacity to heat the house to about 15 degrees warmer than the outside temperature. This is adequate for the majority of the time. However there will be the occasional clear morning particularly in July when the overnight temperature is around zero and first thing in the morning the unit will initially only be able to heat the house up to about 15 degrees. This may not be a problem as these cold mornings will usually become beautiful sunny days. Most guests are going to get dressed in their warm ski gear, have a quick breakfast and be up at Falls Creek skiing before 9 am. If you need higher temperatures on one of these very cold mornings, turn off the split system, turn on the convection heater for half an hour and then turn off the convection heater and turn on the split system again. Do not turn on both heaters at the same time as their thermostats will fight one another. Do not increase the temperature setting on the remote when the room is cold due to low temperatures outside, as it will only upset your comfort settings for the evening.
The bedroom convection heaters are programmed to maintain a comfortable temperature for sleeping with adequate blankets. The aim is to avoid overheating and dehydration which can especially be a problem for guests engaged in active altitude activities such as skiing and a particular problem for guests in the top bunks closer to the hottest ceiling air. On the other hand the temperature is set to avoid a cold room so guests can get dressed of a morning or get up during the night without being cold. The bedroom temperatures are set to the recommended 17-18 degrees Celsius.
The split system is an inverter unit which tries to maintain an even temperature with a low stream of heat rather than switch on and off. However if you are using heating when the outside temperature is mild the unit may go above your set temperature before switching off.
The north facing picture windows in the lounge and kitchen/dinning area are double glazed. Even if there is only occasional sunshine during the day in winter it is recommended to keep the curtains (Pull cord on right) and shutters open on these windows even if you are away from the house. This will allow the warm sunshine into the house. It is recommended to draw the blinds on other windows when away from the house in winter to keep the warmth in.
During summer daytime it is suggested that bedroom blinds be drawn and bedroom doors be kept closed to maintain a cool temperature in the living areas of the house.
See heating instructions above as to how to operate the lounge split system controls. We suggest that you initially set the temperature at 23°. If you set the temperature too low and then increase it, the unit may automatically switch to heating mode which can be unpleasant. On hot days you will find it more comfortable with the ceiling fans operating with or without the air-conditioner. If it gets too cool switch off the air-conditioner or increase the set temperature but leave the fans operating.
The north facing windows are shaded from the sun, however to help keep the house at a comfortable temperature, it is recommended that the north facing curtains (center hand drawn) and shutters be at least partially closed on hot days, and that all curtains and shutters be fully closed when away from the house on hot days.
This is an alpine area and it is normal in summer for the temperature to drop rapidly once the sun drops below the mountains. We suggest the following approach to get maximum comfort with the assistance of the ceiling fans. The large sliding windows in the bedrooms and the lounge have an adjustable screw hinged security rod to restrict full opening of the window when the house is vacant. This rod can be swung up to allow further opening of the window and will return to the security position when the window is closed. In the dinning / kitchen area there is an inside / outdoor thermometer. After very hot days we suggest the following procedure of an evening;
Most summer nights the best sleeping environment is to let the cool mountain air in and run the ceiling fans. However there will be a handful of nights during summer when the split system air-con units are needed.
Bedroom Air-con Trouble shooting
If for any reason the cooling system fails to operate satisfactorily, please call the property manager. For your own safety and comfort DO NOT tamper with time clocks or other electric control devices.
Roof Space Exhaust
If the indoor unit does not beep when you change selections on the wall remote, likely cause is week batteries in the remote. It the unit does not start also check that the power is not switched off outside next to the outdoor unit or the circuit breaker in fuse box opposite the front door is not off. If unit is heating higher, or cooling lower than your set temp, adjust the set temp. If the unit is switching between heating and cooling on mild days, change mode from Auto to heat or cool.
The old electric convection space heater has been retained as temporary emergency backup so guests are not without adequate heating. Don't operate both units together as you may have one heating and the other cooling. The split system is much faster and more powerful than the bedroom heaters.
B.B.Q. FLOODLIGHTING is automatic motion detected and a further light is operated by a 30-minute push button switch towards the end of the house outside the rear door. For minimum interference to guests the AUTOMATIC garden SPRINKLERS will operate during summer every third evening from about 8.30 pm to 10.00 pm. B.B.Q. area will operate last. In the event of power stoppage, times and days may be incorrect. Contact property manager.
To operate: Get Programmes & Trouble shooting Information
1. Place washing in bowl.
2. Remove fabric softener dispenser cap from centre of agitator and insert 1/2 to 11/2 scoops of washing powder in the centre of agitator. Do not place the powder on the clothes.
3. Turn on power at PowerPoint and washer.
4. Select wash cycle, temperature, water level and spin speed.
5. Press OPTIONS button if you want choose ECO, SOAK or Quick WASH
6. Press START / PAUSE
7. When cycle is finished please press power button OFF, turn off power point and turn off taps.
CLEANING AND SUPPLIES
PROBLEMS AND MAINTENANCE
Use the INPUT
on the TV remote below to change Input Source between sources.
If you are having trouble accessing a HDMI source check that a previous guest
has not unplugged one or more HDMI cables and either not reinserted it or
inserted it into the incorrect port.
Occasionally the local translator will go off air for a couple of hours. Check with caretaker or neighbours that the local translator is operating before taking further action.
The TV is a Freeview model, but only SBS and IView provide Freeview services in Mount Beauty, the commercial channels do not provide a Freeview service in Mount Beauty. Sometimes the TV needs to be switched OFF and ON again to wake up the Freeview function so it connects to the internet and then responds to the Freeview button.
If you press the Guide/EPG button on the TV remote when watching ABC or SBS the Freeview guide will display which only includes the Freeview ABC & SBS channels. If you press the Guide/EPG button while watching a commercial non Freeview channel the ordinary guide will display which includes all channels.
Note Green Freeview button does not
respond unless you are an ABC or SBS channel live TV first.
catch-up and SBS On-Demand and other streaming is available via the Android
Internet TV Media box connected to HDMI 3
DVR RECORDING and Time Shift
RADIO MUSIC CENTRE
to switch between radio and CD are behind the flap at the bottom of the unit